Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A new running hat

I bought a new running hat a few days ago. It came last night in the mail. My wife thought I was wierd because I wore it around the house for like an hour. This is a sun hat designed to keep the sun off head and neck. Here it is:



Isn't that awesome! I can't wait to go running in the hot sun and try it out. I've been running with just a regular ball cap, but this one is designed for running. It is really light weight. It is called the Outdoor Research Sun Runner Cap. For days that are not so hot or that have more cloud cover, I can remove the "sun skirt." I can also pull back it back so that it is just covering my ears and the back of my neck. I think that is how I will mostly use it. This will be a perfect hat for my 50 mile race that I am planning. Oh, yeah, I'll write another post about that.


4 comments:

Steve Stenzel said...

SWEET!! Have you tried it out yet?...

pilotboywa said...

Yes I have. It worked quite nicely. The one thing that I didn't think about before was the fact that the sun shade part kinda flaps against my back. It doesn't really bother me though.

Ray Miller said...

Have yo ever heard of a similar cap but for rain so water does not drip down your ck in the winter? I have been looking for something like that for years

Ray Miller said...

Have you ever seen a similar cap for running in the rain? Something to keep the cold water from dripping down my neck would be great