Thursday, August 2, 2007

Spin Chair

Well, I've made it to that point. I've had 10 flights. On seven of those flights I have been "actively airsick." That means I have thrown up. I tried Medicine on several of those flights. I have been going to this spin chair now for two days. I'll do it at least three more days. The first time wasn't too bad. Towards the end I started to hyperventilate (they were telling me to breath deeply in my stomach to relax myself. I guess I was breathing to rapidly. Some of my muscles tightened up. My hands tensed up and I couldn't open them. It was really weird. Today that didn't happen. But just before I finished the second spin I threw up. I felt terrible. The way it works is I spin for ten minutes, have a ten minute break, then spin for another ten minutes.
I've been looking at what else I could do if I can't get over this airsickness. I don't know if I'll study Russian, or international studies, or what not. Lets just hope it doesn't come to that.

No comments: