Saturday, September 8, 2007

BBQ

Today was adventurous. I wanted to throw a barbeque, so I invited everyone from my class and all the other Flying CWO’s. We had about fifteen people show up. It was a great day for it too. The weather was not too hot, and it was nice and sunny. Ella played in the water in the river. Alex tried too, but he kept dipping his head under the water, so we put him up in his pack-n-play. There were lots of people there that I hadn’t seen in a while. It was nice to catch up a little bit. While we were there we also decided to reserve a boat for Monday. Our friends are going to come with us, so there will be four adults and three children. It will be fun.

When we got home, we put stuff away, then we put the kids down for a nap. I was feeling enthusiastic and so I did some yard work. I mowed the lawn. I also watered it. Our grass is pretty brown in some places. I also washed the car really quickly. Dinner time came when the kids got up from their naps. Then we all piled into the car and we drove over to the Blackwater River State Park to go for a short bike ride. It state park is just a trail that goes for about ten miles. It is a path that is built on what used to be rail road tracks. It was perfect weather for it. It was pretty dark though by the time we got back to the car.

The kids were pretty tired when we got back, so I gave them a bath and put them to bed. I’ve now been playing on the computer for a bit while Amanda is practicing her decorating with frosting. It will probably take another hour or so to translate this into Russian and type it. I’m still not familiar with the Russian keyboard.

No comments: