Saturday, May 24, 2008

Long Runs

I like my weekend long runs. Today I decided to get up early and do the same run I did two weeks ago. I left the house before 4:30 this morning to try to beat the heat. I did beat it. It was very comfortable for my whole run. It was 68 degrees when I left and by the time I got back it was 80. Just within that last hour though the temps went from 75 up to 80. I was feeling so good that when I was a mile from home, I decided to run an extra 1.7 mile loop. So, instead of 26.5 I ran 28.2. It was a great run today. I'm only a little tired right now from getting up so early. Maybe I'll take a nap, who knows.

This last week I hit a couple of milestones. as of today I have ran 542 miles this year. I have run 173 so far this month. Since I started logging my runs on the runners world website, I have ran 791 miles. That is from the end of September of last year. This last week I ran 57 miles. I feel great.

So, instead of just reading about all of the running that I do, you should go out and try it. Even if it is just a mile. It doesn't have to be much, just get out there and be active. In fact, you don't even have to run, you can swim, bike, walk or any number of other activities. Anyway, I think I'll go run now.

No comments: