Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Recovering

Good news: I went for an easy three mile jog today and it felt great. I was very cautious because I didn't want to aggravate my back. I went a mile up the road here, then came in and ran another two on the treadmill. The whole run felt great. When I stopped though, I felt my back tighten up a little. Nothing to worry about. I'm still taking some Motrin to help loosen up my muscles. I have Icy Hot that I am using too. Here is a tip for you. Never put Icy Hot on imediately after a hot shower or bath. It normally feels great. A nice soothing cool followed my a warm tingling sensation. It feels good. If you put it on when your skin is already hot or warm: it burns. I looked at my back and everywhere the Icy Hot was was bright red. I had to go lay down on the bed with the fan on high. The burning sensation went away after just a few minutes, but they should put a warning on the label or something. Well, that is all I have for now. Tomorrow I hope to be able to run five or six miles. Just another easy run. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: