Saturday, December 1, 2007

The Marathon

Well, I did it. I didn't do as well as I would have liked, but at least I finished. I came around the half way point at 1:47, which was a little slower than I wanted but acceptable. I then slowly slowed down. My mile 23 my leg muscles were so cramped and tight that I could barely even jog. I had to walk most of the last four miles. I kept trying to run, but after 20 or 30 seconds I would have to stop and walk. I managed to jog the last .2 miles in two and a half minutes, with only stopping to walk for about 10-15 seconds. time at mile 23 was 3:28:21. each of the next three miles was about 20 minutes. My final time was 4:32 and some change. I don't have any photos right now to show you. They are on the camera and I am to lazy to go get it. I will post them tomorrow. I'll tell you a little more about the race too, with some more specific times. I even have a video of me coming up to and crossing the finish line. It was a great day for the race. We couldn't have asked for better weather. The family was a great support, by the end of the race Ella was yelling "Go Daddy!" loud enough for me to here her down the street.

No comments: